Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tasting - "Maipe Torrontes"

Name: Maipe Torrontes
Variety: 100% Torrontes
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95



Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes:
Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish.


 

Personal Tasting Notes:
I definitely picked up on the scents of fresh flowers particularly jasmine almost like a jasmine tea scent. I also detected the scent and taste of lavender. The wine had a light and somewhat sweet taste to it with long lingering on the palate. I further detected the flavor of pears rather clearly. of the five wines tasted this week this was my favorite.


I tried this wine without food although I think food would have definitely helped to open up the flavors more.

No comments:

Post a Comment