Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting - "Opera Prima - Sparkling Moscato"



Name: Opera Prima - Sparkling Moscato
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Regular Price: $15
Sale Price: $6.95

Wine Rating: 85 Points -Wine Ethusiast

Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes:
Flowery and sweet smelling, then round and fairly smooth in the mouth. The bubbles and flavor package of tropical fruits galore is pleasant and shouldn’t offend anyone. Finishes clean and easy. A mango boat of flavor.



Personal Tasting Notes: 
Of the five wines I tried this week, this moscato was my favorite.  This wine was the sweetest of the 5 with the most interesting flavor to me.  Although the official tasting notes state that the wine had mango flavors I actually got more of a flavor of fresh mint, from the wine.  I also felt this wine had very little lingering and was much lighter on the palate than the other wines.  Finally, this moscato had a very light and almost clear golden color.  

I tasted this wine on its own with no food but I think it would go well with seafood, particularly shrimp or maybe lemon chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment